How CSIIP Works
VSGC partners with Virginia's regional technology councils, colleges and universities and leading Virginia STEM organizations and companies to increase the number of paid internship opportunities, and to raise awareness of the program.
- To submit a complete application, students provide an essay about themselves, résumé, transcript, and contact information for two references who can provide letters of recommendation.
- Once the application is submitted and approved, it is available for review by all registered companies and partners.
- Note: Your single application is available to companies throughout Virginia.
- Students can indicate interest in specific companies on their application.
- Register with company overview, website address and contact information. It is helpful but not required to add internship opportunities including the number of openings, position descriptions, requirements, salary, start and end dates.
- Search the CSIIP database for pre-screened, qualified candidates.
- Contact student(s) using the information provided in the application or via CSIIP staff assistance.
- Notify staff of any selections.
- Registration is not a committment to hire an intern.
- CSIIP staff is available to assist companies with any aspect of the selection and hiring process.
- Companies select and hire students directly.
- Companies will establish pay rates. Interns must be compensated a minimum of $10.00 or more per hour.
- Interns are responsible for their own transportation and housing.
- Interns will be asked to complete a CSIIP evaluation assessment.
- Students will agree to participate in longitudinal tracking surveys until post-graduation employment, or until they receive their next academic degree.
- Interns who complete their internships will receive a Certificate of Completion, signed by the Governor and by VSGC's Director, Mary Sandy.
- Companies hiring interns will be recognized by the Governor.